Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Monday, January 16, 2006

We'll meet again...

I have found it really difficult to blog since I heard the news that Neil, a fellow Blogger and Member of our Church died on Saturday following an ongoing battle with Cancer. At only 43, it is painful to realise that he can no longer be with us and share the future with his wife and two sons who will feel this the most. I have been thinking about the wartime song which says: "We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when..." Whilst I don't know when, I believe that I will meet up with Neil in Heaven. His strong Christian faith inspired many and reassures me that I know exactly where he is. This is of immense comfort. Whilst Neil had many battles to face he always knew the destination of his final journey and his faith was unwavering.

Irrespective of what was happening to Neil he was able to sing choruses which would be challenging to anyone going through a tough time let alone facing significant health concerns. I was thrilled that he played the guitar and sung along to "How great Thou art" and "Our God is a great big God" at the celebration of Daniel's life less than 9 months ago. Seeing him on the stage that day, helped me deal with Daniel's loss. Whilst I will miss him, how he reached out to others irrespective of his health, along with his gentleness and encouragement, his faith is an ongoing source of inspiration to me.

One of the things I miss most about Daniel is cuddling him. My arms ache with emptiness sometimes but I now have an image of Neil cuddling Daniel in Heaven together and it makes me smile.

6 Comments:

At 7:38 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Lovely thoughts Sarah thanks for sharing them with us, it is a beautiful thought that all our loved ones that we miss terribly are together with no pain or sadness, what a hope that death is not the end, just the begining.

 
At 7:48 PM GMT, Blogger PatK said...

Lovely thoughts, Sarah.

It struck me last night, as I shared some precious moments praying with the worship Team before last night's service, that not only can Neil now continue to sing those words that he loved, but he does so now with a brand new set of lungs! I bet he's raising the roof up there, as well as making sure he plays a few guitar duets with Chris.

Just as long as Daniel keeps them both in check, things wil be fine....!!

 
At 10:30 PM GMT, Blogger Mo&Marks Morsals said...

Neil did love to cuddle. As his baby sister I can vouch for that, and so can Joel and Simon.

There is so much love in the family of god, its mindblowing. Thanks to all of you for love prayers and support. I can;t imagine what it must be like to have to go through this on your own.

I suppose neils now rock rock rockin on heavens floor!!!

Mo

 
At 10:31 PM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

May God bless you Sarah for sharing your feelings so beautifully - l'm touched by your openness and honesty and feel sure that God is using your ability to write to help in all sorts of ways.
See you soon ....tracie

 
At 7:56 AM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry to hear that but thanks for mentioning it. i was wondering why he's been silent so long. been hoping & praying but i guess God has His reasons. my condolences to his wife and sons... guess i'll have to catch him at the other side later to tell him how much i admired his spirit.

 
At 12:17 PM GMT, Blogger rhi said...

Sarah

Can't see the other comments here but a lovely thought of Neil with Daniel. I found it easier to think of Dad meeeting up with others in Heaven when we lost him. Not sure if it is spiritually correct it is but I hope it will be - they say there are no tears in Heaven so I think this would be helped by meeting people you loved or who loved you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home