Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Sunday, January 22, 2006

It's all go...


On Friday I went to London to meet a friend. We had a fantastic time visiting the Museum of London at St Pauls. Then left to my own devices a little later on I decided to be a real tourist crossing the Millennium Bridge and back again and going to St Paul's Cathedral. As it was such a fabulous afternoon I decided in a moment of madness to climb all 530 steps to the top vantage point of the Cathedral - the Golden Gallery. This was a real workout!! But the view was breathtaking and I really enjoyed the feeling of serenity from this lofty perspective. I really needed a big sit down to recover so sat listening to the 30 strong choir. This preceded the evensong service to which I decided to stay. The service was hard to follow as it was in Latin!! Nonetheless, it felt majestic and was a peaceful setting. Suitably refreshed I went to Oxford Street to buy a 40th birthday present and bumped into Dale Winton in Selfridges. Alas, he didn't recognise me...

Yesterday, we also did something that we haven't done for a long while. We had people over in the evening. Neither of us could remember the last time that we had done something like this. We had a great evening playing the 80's edition of Trivial Pursuits.

I went to church this morning at the first service and was really blessed by the sermon. I found it very moving and challenging. It centred on Joshua 1 and the key verse was verse 9:

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go". Excellent encouragement during this time.

We then went out for a friend's 40th birthday to an exclusive listed Hotel for a 3 course meal. I now need to run up all the 530 steps about 4 times to burn off the calories...

4 Comments:

At 9:28 AM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

Sounds like you had a really lovely day out Sarah good on you.
That verse is really encouraging l must remember to think that in all circumstances - Have a good week.

 
At 9:45 AM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Sarah you have been busy!
fancy seeing Dale Winton!
I remember going to St Pauls when I was little and doing the climb, I moaned the whole way up those steps, I'm sure I'd do the same today!
Well done!

 
At 11:10 AM GMT, Blogger Lisa said...

Well done Sarah!

I did that this time last year in fact! (see archive blogg!) Its a long way up but well worth it!

 
At 6:54 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Hi Sarah, did you get my email?
hope it was you I sent it to!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home