Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

If you don’t succeed…

I tried to blog yesterday at 1:00 a.m. and the blogging network crashed leaving my blog cast away in cyberspace… It has been a funny couple of days really where I don’t feel that I have anything really to show for my time out. Yesterday I spent a lot of time typing, thinking and trying to put together my 1500 word assignment which was due in today. Despite all my false starts yesterday I was able to start again from scratch today and complete it for this evening‘s class. Deadlines always concentrate my mind to get things done and recently I have been really challenged about how I spend my time as without any I have a tendency to get it done whenever (especially housework!!) The same verse keeps appearing, firstly in a magazine article I read on Friday, then at the Evening Service at church and yesterday it was the verse of the day I saw on two websites and was emailed to me as well so the drip drip effect has meant that it has registered. Colossians 3 v 23 - 24:
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ that you are serving.”
I have always found this verse to be really helpful in a work capacity but have never thought of it in a “housewifely” way before. One of the things that I have found difficult without working is the lack of structure and a feeling well it doesn’t matter whether I do something now or later and I have been having the odd (!) lie in... I am just not used to having so much free time but feel now that this time needs to be better utilised. So, by doing the things that need doing regularly, this will then allow me to do spontaneous stuff when it comes along without any mad panic. Well, that’s the plan anyhow…

2 Comments:

At 4:34 PM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

Hi Sarah,
Your days sound just like mine - perhaps we can structure a coffee into one of these days and put the world to rights perhaps Helen would like to come along we could encourage each other with good house keeping tips !! or just have a good old natter that sounds better !!

 
At 8:11 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Brilliant! Good idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home