Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Hand in Hand


This image is powerful to me as it reminds me of God taking my hand in his and leading me. Many of you will know that I struggle with finding "normality" following Daniel's death last year. The struggle is getting harder as my less than normal life continues... HOWEVER, this morning, I received the book that I need to review for "Woman Alive" magazine. I hadn't been told the title of the book other than it was in the Inspiring Women series. Well, when I received the book today I just burst out laughing. It is entitled - Hand in Hand with God (Finding hope in a hurting world). It is a study of both Naomi and Ruth. The timing is absolutely impeccable!! It has reminded me how at times like these when you don't know which direction to go in, you are never alone and God tenderly leads you where he wants you to go. It is great to be reminded of this.

8 Comments:

At 11:15 PM GMT, Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Sarah

Sounds like a great book. Its the name of a cool charity too!

We looked at Ruth and Naomi in youth plus a couple of weeks ago. Its a great book.

lyrics from one of mum's songs comes to mind...

"you may not see, but He holds your hand and He'll walk with you through your life..He is faithful oh so faithful, just be patient"

 
At 8:36 AM GMT, Blogger PatK said...

The Book of Ruth is an amazing story of loss and restoration. Who would have known that from the depth of grief would come not only a precious love story in Scripture, but also a woman who would ultimately be part of the chain of god's fulfilled promise of Messiah?

Be encouraged - God always has bigger plans

Love
Pat

 
At 3:18 PM GMT, Blogger Zanne said...

See, God know when to send these reminders, he's a good Father. God uses our weaknesses to make us strong, tough times and times of struggles are when we really want to feel the Fathers hand. Hope the book is a good one, I love the story of Ruth & naomi, inspirational! Be blessed

 
At 5:58 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

That is very beautiful Sarah, Yes God is holding us and leading us everyday, your right it's good to be reminded of this,
God Bless.

 
At 11:53 PM GMT, Blogger Nicole's Psalm said...

This pidture remins me of trust and security.

 
At 10:33 AM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

Hi Sarah,
Hope you enjoy reviewing the book - have a good week
from tracie

 
At 6:13 PM GMT, Blogger Penelope said...

Yes - Happy Birthday Sarah!!! Have a fabulous day!
Love
Penster xxx

 
At 2:31 PM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

Hope u had a great time in Rome - you didn't tell me it was your birthday !! Best belated wishes see you soon from Trace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home