Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Nostalgia

Yesterday, Kevin and I went to see a group called Simple Minds. Those of you who are younger than 30 will have no idea who I am talking about. Anyway we went and turned the clock back about 18 years, sung our little hearts out and jigged around. They were surprisingly good and entertaining. It was interesting to see how the band had aged too.

I am on the "Woman Alive" reader panel and asked this week if I could write a book review. I did one last year which was published. I am thrilled as the answer is yes. My writing course has finished and I am not necessarily sure about what are the next steps to take but feel encouraged that I have another opportunity.

I am meeting back up with my Mum who has been in Australia for the last 6 months. We meet up next week before Kevin and I go and eat as much Italian ice-cream as we can in Rome.

Isn't it lovely, when the sun comes out? It was so beautiful earlier today that I could get out in the garden for a bit of fresh air. Lovely. It's very nearly Spring.

4 Comments:

At 9:58 AM GMT, Blogger Zanne said...

Wow! I was all 'bounced' after reading that, you sound so energized... are you excited, nervous or just too much sun? It is great to read all this enthusiasm, enjoy everything to the full, you know they say life begins at 40...

 
At 2:07 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Yes, I love your end words Sarah, I too like spring, it makes me think of new beginnings, God Bless.

 
At 5:48 PM GMT, Blogger Lisa said...

You are right Sarah -can't say I've ever heard of them!

Have an awesome time in Rome! I have loads of tips about Boston, so will chat to you nearer the time. I have a good pocket guide book too, which you can borrow and take with you.

Take care
Lisa

 
At 12:37 PM GMT, Blogger Penelope said...

Who??? Ok, so I have heard of them really! Glad you had a great time Sarah!

I read an earlier post of yours - I'm liking the idea of the 'hundreds and thousands' drive - I definitely think it's worth a go!!! Sounds fab!

Pen x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home