Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Monday, April 10, 2006

God is good all the time...

Well, what can I say. On Friday night I had both arms up behind my back and went very grudgingly to see Daniel O'Donnell (left) at the Ipswich Regent. Kevin's Mum is an avid fan so we all spent three hours listening to him in concert, which felt longer than it took!! I found it a little emotional when he sang "Danny Boy"and "How Great Thou Art" and they were the best bits... Still, Kevin's Mum had a whale of a time which made it worthwhile. Now, I think that God has got a sense of humour. We often talk about no experience is wasted and I got a reminder of this when I went to the church open day on Saturday. I was talking to someone who came along to the church and guess where they had been the night before too!! I didn't really have anything in common with that person that I was chatting to, but finding out that we were at the same concert helped break the ice. I had to tread gently because they were a fan and I didn't want to hurt their feelings...

Today, Monday, I started my new job. I am really touched by all the prayers, cards, emails, phone calls and texts wishing me well. This is a new era for me personally so I am so thankful for everyone's love at this time. The new job is all that I expected it to be. I think that I will enjoy it there. The people are friendly and I cannot see that it is going to be in the same stress league as many of the jobs I have previously held. The previous post holder left in September and it was felt that they could do without a replacement but in the end they realised that they couldn't manage. So I am not even following anyone, so there's no pressure to live up/down to someone else's achievements. My role is Personnel Administrator (read Office Junior...) in Witham. The journey is ok (it took me 15 mins to get home!!) At a different time in my life I would have been bored by the lack of depth to the role, but right now it is perfect! I even get free gymn membership (what an answer to prayer...) I am really looking forward to working regularly at the same place. At last I feel I have a little normality.

3 Comments:

At 7:59 PM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Oh dear, Daniel O donnell, yeah, yeah Sarah we believe you, just for the mother in law!
Anyway so glad you got on well at work sounds brill and free gym, great!!
see ya at Church, we're there 2nd service and my turn in evening, really pleased as I had to work Good fiday and easter Sun last year so glad I'm there, say Hi to Kevin!

 
At 7:28 PM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

hi Sarah thinking of you in your new job - God Bless from Tracey

 
At 9:08 AM GMT, Blogger Nicole's Psalm said...

So good to hear you got a job. Well done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home