Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Under the duvet!


You get the picture this is how I feel - under the duvet...

Surprisingly enough it has been a bit of a difficult week and tomorrow (Friday) looks tricky too. For reasons that I can't go into, Fridays lately have been very hard but tomorrow will be a real test of character (as if it hasn't had much testing lately!!) Last year Daniel's service was on 13th May which was a Friday and I know that I will think back to that day. Can you believe this but I didn't shed a tear at either service, not out of numbness but a sense that once I got started I might stop church taking place on Sunday because "weeping in progress" would not be able to be cut short! As so many of you know, I have wept many a time since and know that this is part of the healing process.

In some ways, I am trying to get along with life but there are times when I don't seem to have the reserves of energy, intelligence, attitude or whatever it seems to take. Take today, for instance. I had to go to Stansted as I went to a course at one of the big hotels. Now trusty Tim got me to Stansted but it was very stressful finding the hotel and even more stressful finding a car parking space but I got the last one :-) Before I left this morning I actually felt sick as it felt like a challenge too far... To cap it all when I returned back to work everyone else was out of the office as they were celebrating a key birthday for one employee. It was so eerie not having anyone else around and I felt totally isolated for a couple of hours.

Now to add to my list of woes, every Friday is dress down day. To put it bluntly it is Sarah clothing crisis day, where all my "casual" clothes are tried on before being tossed on the bed for being too tight, too scruffy, wrong neckline, it'll split if I sit down in it... Does anyone else find that to look casual they spend more time than it takes to look smart?

I have also dyed my hair but despite leaving it on for an hour ( I was desperate for a new look) my locks have acquired an insipid looking beige tint. This unfortunately, seems to have spread to the rest of my life.

Oh, well, it's nearly the weekend...

1 Comments:

At 10:07 PM GMT, Blogger commentator33 said...

hi Sarah
Just thought I'd leave a short comment on your blog - is good to hear form You (even though you've been posting much more regularly than I).

Hope you do have a good weekend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home