Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

It's all a bit beige...


I think you can say that I am officially treading water at the moment. Really pleased that we have passed our year anniversary of everything now so thanks to everyone for their love and prayers. At the moment, everything seems so lacklustre but there were times in life where I would have craved for a little bit of normality and less "pace". With excitement normally comes the inevitable highs and lows that a change of tempo generates. So, in some ways I am quite pleased that I am able to plod along so to speak, but in others I feel a little unfulfilled. It's not that I haven't got things to do, I have, it's just motivating myself to make the most of the available time. I find this a huge adjustment as I used to have to do so much that any time I had to myself was to recover from the exhaustion.

Working life is ok. I have the luxury of having a lunch hour (I know that it's early days) but I thought these were extinct!! Most days it takes me around 20 mins to get home so I can be back at home before 5:30 pm on a good day. This too is a luxury but I feel displaced and haven't quite yet settled down.

On Saturday, Kevin and I had friends over and I cooked a 3 course meal. It is the first time that I have properly(!!) cooked in over 2 years - don't you feel sorry for long suffering, Kevin? Anyway, it was great to meet up with friends, put the world to rights and I was pleased that my culinary skills haven't totally rusted away.

On Sunday, I went on a scrapbooking course with the aim of sorting my Daniel photos into a folder. It was fun and I came away with a feeling of achievement. Now, it's no secret that my manual dexterity is a little lacking. I would always come last in things like the generation game and the krypton factor. Years ago I used to be an adult helper at Brownies and I can honestly say that they had better craft skills than I did!! Worse still, some of them noticed... Anyway, the art of scrapbooking, presenting your photos with different hand crafted templates looks addictive. I will tell the Daniel story through words when things are less painful but it has been the photos that I just needed to collate. So I have my first project now and who knows I might just find my creative side.

Watch this space.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 AM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

Hi Sarah
The scrapbooking course sounds great, l have to ask where on earth do you find out about these courses? l went to the main library yesterday to try and find a beginners art course and they didn't know of any and the college prospectus comes out at the end of June for courses for september my enthausiasm hit a bit of a brickwall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home