Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Saturday, May 26, 2007

It's a girl!!



I know many of you will know by now, but I haven't had the chance to proudly tell the world that Naomi Ruth was born on Tuesday, 22nd of May at 00:15 a.m. weighing 8 lb 1 oz. After all the poking and prodding she finally came on her due date...


I am thrilled to tell you that both she and I are fine. The labour was quick as we only ended up in labour ward for 3 hours 15 mins (compared to Daniel 3 hrs 21 mns...) There were a number of what I call false starts but I decided to stand up and 45 minutes later Naomi was born!! Apart from the induction everything else was natural so no C-section and no stitches.


Thanks to all of you for your prayers and best wishes which have helped to carry us through these days.


Although less than a week old, Naomi is showing diva type characteristics and like her parents seems to know her own mind. She is strawberry blonde and has long legs (ok not from my gene pool!)


We have been home from hospital for a day and so far it has been ok. Kevin goes back to work on Tuesday so I intend to try and get in some semblance of order before seeing many people.


Just a couple of piccies... Naomi and I scrubbed up after the exertions of labour and a picture of her today relaxing at home.


4 Comments:

At 6:19 AM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Wow Sarah now could your smile possibly get any bigger - I don't think so!! Both you and her look absoloutely Fabulous, she has got the cutest little face, I am thrilled for you and Kevin, it's just so exciting,
What great news and pictures to start the day with,

Hooray!!

 
At 3:30 PM GMT, Blogger Lisa said...

Fantastic News!! Welcome Naomi!

She shares her birthday with my dad!

Really happy for you both :-)

 
At 8:38 PM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sarah and Kevin - and welcome to Naomi! I am thrilled for you and cannot wait to meet her and have a cuddle. She is beautiful!
Love Carolyn xx

 
At 8:15 PM GMT, Blogger PatK said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes! Delighted doesn't go ANYWHERE near how thrilled we are for you both!

Really looking forward to you showing her off (and rightly so) at church as soon as you can. You will bring a sleeping bag, won't you, 'cos I think you'll be there a while!

Love and huge hugs to you both

 

Post a Comment

<< Home