Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Monday, March 26, 2007

Today


I am now 32 weeks pregant with only 8 more to go!! This morning I had to be at St John's for a blood test at 9 am. That wouldn't have been too bad if I hadn't had to fast for 12 hours beforehand... I then had to drink a syrupy glucose drink and have my blood taken 2 hours later which meant that I was in the blood department for 2.5 hours (what a waste of a glorious sunny morning, but then so would work have been!) I then did a bit of consultant spotting (and recognised at least 3 from when we visited with Daniel). On days like today it doesn't feel right even doing something mundane without him as I automatically associate him with St Johns.
I am due to see a Consultant on Wednesday (the same one that carried out my Amnio) to discuss my blood test results. I haven't exactly responded well to this latest development because, well, I can't quite define it but it's a bit scary. I'm thankful that I haven't got long to wait but part of me is not going to settle down until I know what needs to happen (if anything). I could well be overreacting.
When I went to Church last night I must have looked like a crazed woman as I was downing soft drinks as if I was trying to beat the world record. I probably looked a real sight to behold and then drove like a maniac to ensure I could eat something before my 9 pm curfew!
After my blood tests today I didn't go into work although I was going to it was just that I felt so weak afterwards that I thought driving to Witham would hardly be in anyone's best interests. I felt decidedly wobbly and weak. Although I feel rested now after eating for two adults in 2 hours... I need to finish my job in 8 days before going on maternity leave. It all feels rather weird. Part of me finds it hard to accept that in the past year I have taken on a new job as well as the countdown to being a new Mum again. These are huge adjustments. Daniel is never very far away, always beneath the service, but ultimately I get enormous comfort from knowing where he is playing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home