Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Another 4 weeks!!

Somehow, I've allowed another 4 weeks to pass by without blogging. Not intentional, I just seem to be submerged in life... Since I last blogged, we have been to see Lenny Henry, Lee Hurst and Colin Dexter, and I have gone to 4 ante-natal exercise classes. We have also managed to indulge in our last "pre-Beanie" holiday. We had a lovely quiet week in France but I was very tired. One day all I could manage was to go out for a cake! Well, I suppose that if that didn't motivate me then nothing was going to. We had a lovely week where the weather was extremely mild. Both of us chilled out and ate out every night (I put on 7 lbs in 7 days)...

I have also aged another year and cannot believe that this time last year I was on my sabbatical without a job to go to. Amazing what a difference a year can make.

I go on maternity leave in 4 weeks!! Immediately after Easter. So being the structured person I am, will have been with my employer's a year to the day that I go on maternity leave (how's that for neatness...) As I am growing nicely, sometimes fitting behind the steering wheel is a challenge, and being tired I know that I shall enjoy my time out.

I am beginning to panic now about when Beanie arrives with only 10 weeks to go. I think for such a long time, we took things at a steady pace but now can't leave things any longer before getting prepared. We are going to spruce up what was Daniel's room. It is very hard at times even though we know that we have got a positive future to look forward to. It is a strange kind of feeling really. The second anniversary of Daniel's death is coming up at the beginning of May. In some ways, it hardly seems possible and feels a long way off, in terms of feelings, they may be dormant but they are still there. Hard to describe really. It feels kind of weird that Daniel is going to have a new little brother or sister but they will never meet on this earth.

Kevin and I have decided on names and have so far changed our mind three times... We never did that with Daniel. Despite all the chaos surrounding his birth it was quite a comfort to be able to do one thing as planned.

Anyway, that's it for now, will blog before my maternity leave ends, honest!

:-)

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

Sarah I tried to leave a comment the other day, so here goes again!

Bet you can't wait to finish work, just think all those daytime programs to stimulate your mind, ok perhaps not!

Say hi to Kevin for me, not long now!

see ya soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home