Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Beanie Bray


Well, this is the scan picture at 13 weeks as promised... Rather than refer to our new baby as an"it" we chose the name Beanie.

Since going public on the blog and generally spreading the news, there has been a variety of responses to our news. Some sharing our joy, others are at best unhelpful and not printable!! It reminded me of how things were with Daniel as everyone always had a comment and would let you hear it whether it was constructive or not... Having said that, many many people prayed for us (and still do) so we are hugely grateful that people remember us and reach out to us in this way.

Kevin and I are pretty measured about our news. It is early days and our excitement is also tempered with some anxiety. Will the baby be ok? I am having an amniocentisus (excuse spelling!) on Wednesday. This will definitively tell us whether Beanie will have Downs Syndrome or not. The total results are normally available within 2 weeks. The nearer we get to Wednesday, the edgier I become. Still we will know the outcome before Christmas.

Irrespective of these results this is a little child who will receive (and probably give) much love. With Daniel, whilst he was more complicated than most children it really was a blessing to have him. We just feel that we would like to be prepared this time.

I'll let you know how we get on. For those of you who don't know, I am pretty squeamish so the actual amnio procedure itself fills me with terror (I don't do needles...) It only lasts 10 minutes or so, and then I need to "rest up" for the rest of the day, possibly the next couple of days depending on how I'm feeling. I should be able to sneak to the keyboard and blog though... I could also eat chocolate. At the moment, I am lighter than I was at the beginning of my pregnancy although you could say that I am turning into a bit of a Creme Egg (not just because they reach the parts!!)

4 Comments:

At 10:38 PM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

hi sarah,
thanks for your comment - will be thinking of you - God Bless from trace xx

 
At 11:06 PM GMT, Blogger Lisa said...

Wow what fantastic news Sarah! Really pleased for you both. I like the name 'Beanie'. When I was in my mum's tummy, they nicknamed me 'Scooby'. Dad still calls me by it sometimes!

 
At 8:17 AM GMT, Blogger Zanne said...

The big day... Bless you both, am with you in prayers and thoughts

 
At 6:47 PM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, just surfing and found your blog. Congrats on your new baby and a happy belated to Daniel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home