Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Decisions, decisions...

Well, it's been a busy couple of weeks... I have been under severe pressure, not least to find a suitable wedding outfit. We are going to two weddings (like buses more than one comes along at a time!) No matter what I tried on it was either, made for models who couldn't sit down or breathe out which I didn't think was a good look for the photos, ridiculously expensive or made me look middle aged. Yesterday, I took a friend's advice and bleary eyed ventured to Bluewater at 8:30 am but had to go to Thurrock later on to finish off the outfit. I've opted for a 3/4 sleeved cherry coloured suit with a cream top. Previously I had also been to Oxford Street, Chelmsford and Freeport all in my quest to get something that is suitable for the occasion. Feeling relieved that I have finally managed to get something that "will do"I'm now panicking as I am going to a hen night where the theme is feathers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have visions of me turning up with a duster, boa and indian headdress. One of the other tricky issues is that we will meet up with people who will want to know how we are getting on since the last time we've seen them. In some cases this will be Daniel's service so there's no easy way of dealing with anything that comes up. I have made sure I'll be wearing the waterproof mascara...

On a separate issue, I have ancient eyeballs, it's true!! I have to go to Broomfield this Thursday to have a photo of them taken (they are deteriorating without affecting my sight) but normally they would appear on a person 60 -80 years old!! I always knew that I'm mature but didn't appreciate just how antique parts of me are... Unfortunately, I have to have drops put in which dilate the pupils and don't wear off for 4 - 8 hours. I can't see to read, drive or really put one foot in front of another so it means I have to take a day off work. Not easy as I don't have any holiday to take and as part of my new role I manage absence issues and it would appear my own too. Gulp!

I have now been in my new job 4 months. Sometimes I find it hard that I'm working as part of me feels that this was not how it was supposed to be particularly in times of conflict. Still, this week I get to have dinner at the Waterfront. The only problem is that I won't be able to eat anything until the weddings are over as if I sneeze my new outfit will self-destruct.

1 Comments:

At 5:41 AM GMT, Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh my, another British Blogger on the ring! I saw the word BLUEWATER and jumped to attention!
Just thought I would say Hi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home