Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Sunday, April 01, 2007

A lot can happen in a week...

Following on from my last post, I spent a lot of time at St John's last week as I have now been diagnosed with gestational diabetes :-(

No creme eggs for me... Seriously, this is a bit of a setback and I'll need to monitor my diet and blood sugar levels. It has been quite difficult to come to terms with because I had an easy pregnancy and labour with Daniel so this time it has come as a bit of a shock. That said, it means that everyone is going to keep a close eye on both the baby and me which has to be a good thing. This diabetes was also picked up at just the right time (I haven't had it for long so it's unlikely that it will have done any damage to either me or Beanie). I am having a scan a week after Easter when I am finally on maternity leave. There is a very small chance that Beanie could be affected and even though the likelihood is remote, I do feel unnerved by this at times.

The other significant thing is that I'm now likely to have the baby 2 weeks early (around 8th May compared to 22nd). Daniel died on 3rd 2 years ago. This has all happened rather fast so hopefully I'll still have the chance to put my feet up before Beanie arrives.

Only 4 more days at work now - am training my temporary Successor 3 days this week and going to the diabetic clinic on the 4th.

When I have spoken to people about my tests and the results I have been amazed by the range of replies. There have been "pull yourself together" comments as well as those who have listened and gently given me the space to express my deepest concerns. All I can say is that I'm glad we're all different...

I am trusting God with the weeks and months ahead, and take comfort from God giving me the strength for each day.

3 Comments:

At 6:17 PM GMT, Blogger PatK said...

Hi honey

When you last blogged about having the glucose drink, I wondered if gestational diabetes might be under consideration. I had to go through this same test when preganant with Chris, and well remember being thoroughly bored with all the waiting around!

My prayer is that God will keep you and Beanie especially safe in these last few weeks, and that all will go well. Having had to go through the difficulty of a diabetes diagnosis much later on in life (21 years after I took the original glucose drink test, I mean!), I know that adjustments can be hard, but you are made of stern stuff!

Keep us posted, and praying also for your last few days of handover

Love and Hugs
Pat

 
At 10:20 AM GMT, Blogger Helen said...

The 'pull yourself together' comments are just not helpful for you, anything that is out of the ordainary causes concern, anyone would be a bit worried, I pray that God will give you amazing peace each day as you and Kevin look forward to exciting times ahead of great Blessing,

Lotsa love,

Helen x.

 
At 9:54 PM GMT, Blogger Tracie said...

Hi Sarah,
What wonderful encouragement from both Helen and Pat can't really add much more than second their thoughts and tell you that l am thinking about you all at this time and selfishly thinking that l may get to meet beanie after all if he/she decides to arrive earlier than expected!!
TTFN
Tracie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home