Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Braynews

40 Days of Purpose Continued…

Thank you to all who have prayed whilst we were away. I am delighted to tell you that I continued with the 40 days of purpose during our time away. God used this time to challenge me greatly. I think it is fair to say that during the 19 years of being a believer the shine had gone out of my faith and I suppose you could say that my spiritual battery needed recharging. Whilst I am being challenged I now feel excited that I am not too dusty to be useful to God.

I feel my spiritual journey has been like first passing my driving test. At first it was exciting driving to new and different places but over time I began to lose concentration and pick up some bad habits. I wouldn’t always concentrate upon where I was going perhaps being distracted by something en route and taking a bit of a detour. I feel that God is getting me back on track to adjust my focus back to him. Something that I have been reminded of is that God loves us at each step of our journey with him, and that we don’t have to be spiritually mature before God grants us his love. He enjoys us at each stage of our spiritual development. In this world everything tells us we have to be successful and that success is only through achievement. God really knows what is on our hearts and knows when we are growing even if that growth is slow. He just delights in us striving to change to please him.

Whilst I appreciate for many I am stating the obvious, I am undergoing a radical spiritual spring clean. It’s only when you start cleaning that you realise how dirty something was in the first place. I pray for renewed cleansing.




2 Comments:

At 12:50 PM GMT, Blogger commentator33 said...

hey Sarah
thanks for sharing, even if it feels you might be stating the obvious.
Often it's sharing those things which seem so obvious that have a huge impact to encourage and lift others...
- because then they realise that there is someone else like them going through the same thing and that God understands and loves them where they're at.

God Bless
shasa

 
At 5:41 PM GMT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, i am so glad that you and Kevin got some time away together and it all went well.
Oh, and sometimes the obvious needs stating!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home