Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Thursday, February 17, 2005

40 Days of Purposed - Day 4

Braynews

Day Four


I did not want to write this…

Today has been a dreadful day. I took my niece and Daniel shopping and left some of it behind due to the tantrum he had. I had to take Daniel for a chest x-ray at St Johns so his consultant could advise Little Haven Hospice how to manage Daniel’s care this weekend. Kevin and I are planning to go away, however, Daniel seems to be getting more breathless and isn’t looking too good at the moment. This x-ray wasn’t planned and it’s the 3rd day this week where we are doing something medical (the Community Nurse has visited twice this week and it’s only Wednesday!)

I feel anything other than a purposeful Christian so am pleased to be reminded that our life on earth is not it!! It is very easy to get bogged down with what is happening from day to day. Today’s chapter really spoke to me and reminded me that this life is preparation for eternity. Sometimes it is hard to see the wood from the trees and irrespective of what is going on in my life where I become earth focused God is the same today as he was yesterday and will be tomorrow.

Since Daniel has been discharged from hospital his development has gone slightly backwards. This is normal for children who have been admitted into hospital, but none the less disappointing. When I was thinking about this today, I began to understand that this is how God must feel when you know that your child can do more than they are actually doing, perhaps because they have forgotten, lose confidence in their abilities or just don’t feel like obeying. As believers we can choose to come to our heavenly Father who will give us all that we need to develop further if only we ask. God’s faithfulness is new every morning and so whilst today has been very difficult I am confident that when I wake up tomorrow God will give me the strength to deal with all that I need to.

Roll on tomorrow…

1 Comments:

At 7:29 AM GMT, Blogger PatK said...

Courage and grace.

Hard words to contemplate, but thye go hand in hand on days like today. Courage is the will to get up in the mornings, and Grace flows from Father to help you do that - day after day...

God's grace is always available, but I find that some days it takes courage to appropriate it; and for me to "Walk in Grace" is a massive act of the Will. And like Daniel, there are times when I, too, have a tantrum - but no-one else would probably know. It's the times when I want to kick and shout and scream at how unfair things are, and "why me?" and, and....

So that's when I need to lean really hard on God, and allow Him to hug me, draw me close, and simply be...

I pray that today is a better day, and that you do get a break this weekend

Much love

Pat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home