Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

40 Days of purpose - Day 2

Braynews

Day Two

On a day when everyone is reminded all about love through Valentine’s Day it is amazing to remember just how much God is love. Today’s chapter really spoke to me about God choosing me for who I am even before I was born. This is not something I would ordinarily consider so I just feel so encouraged by this as I am hand picked by God. Sometimes being a Christian for a while you can lose the intensity of appreciating God’s love and the depth of things, which are way beyond our understanding. Right now I am feeling treasured. A friend of mine shared with me that she had an image of God taking her to the best restaurant with the finest linen and being hugely attentive to her. This image reminded her of the depth of God’s love for her and it is so easy in this life to concentrate on what is happening (or not happening) to realise a few Christian basics. It is much easier to see my “imperfections” now through God’s eyes and know that none of this was by chance. This is all God’s purpose for me.

Our Son, Daniel, is a boy who suffers from a wide range of complex medical needs. It is so powerful to be reminded that none of his life is a mistake and that this is how God has made Daniel. If it’s good enough for God then it is enough for me. This will help me deal with some of the more difficult aspects of Daniel’s care.

Can’t now wait until tomorrow for the next chapter.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home