Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Saturday, February 19, 2005

40 Days of Purpose – Day 6

I have been really challenged on todays reading about how life is a temporary assignment as I get bogged down by living sometimes. About 4 years ago I went through a very difficult time professionally and ended up being without permanent work for something like 18 months. In that time I went for a number of job interviews (I stopped counting at 30!!) so to have an income I became a temp. One of the ways I managed to survive some of the more menial tasks was to remind myself repeatedly that it was only temporary and it is amazing how much strength you can gain from this. Often as a temp you are given inadequate instructions and have to sink or swim within a very short timeframe but God in his mercy gives us his word and his love to endure any hardships that we may meet in our temporary assignment on earth. One of the things that I learnt about temping which helped me no end was to be incredibly flexible. I feel that God is reminding me that if I step back and allow him to be sovereign in my life and make myself more open to him then I will be closer to him and grow. Looking forward to becoming more mature.

On a different note something amazing happened today. God used me!! Today has been a long day starting with an hour and a half at St John’s Hospital. I then took Daniel to Little Haven Hospice as Kevin and I are going away for a few days. To say I was exhausted was an understatement. I just felt that it would be good to ring a friend but part of me was saying I’m too tired, I want to go to sleep, can’t it wait til later, God? However, I made that call and to say God’s timing was perfect was an understatement. The call ended with a time of prayer. This reminded me that I need to do the things that God has put on my heart no matter what.

Thank you to everyone who has sent emails and comments of encouragement. I feel blessed by these.

Please can you pray that I continue with the 40 days during my time out. It looks like it will be a bumper blog when I return.



Sarah

1 Comments:

At 5:46 PM GMT, Blogger rhi said...

Hi Sarah
Just caught up on your last few days of blogs - I am very impressed and somewhat embarrassed as I haven't caught up with the 40 days of purpose since Day 2 - Am going to get down to serious reading tonight. Lovely to see pictures of Daniel and how much he has come on. Hope you and Kevin managed to get away and get some well deserved rest. Keep up with the blogging - it's fantastic to hear all your news and thoughts.
Rhianne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home