Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Friday, February 18, 2005

40 Days of Purpose Day - 5

Braynews
Day 5

Ooh am I really motivated by today’s chapter. Life is a test and a trust but it is the test which I will concentrate upon now. I can honestly say that since Daniel has been born that nothing is the same again… (me and every Mum out there!) It certainly feels like everything is a test just opening and closing a buggy can prove difficult! I have been aware over the past week or so that God has wanted me to do small things for him and because I did not have the time (I’m always rushing) or the inclination (energy levels are often low) I chose to overlook these things as I did not really appreciate them from God’s point of view. However, there have been a couple of times recently when I have been challenged to do something about it and I have experienced unbelievable joy at these tiny little acts of obedience. Whatever else I collect upon this journey this is something that I would like to hang onto as I do believe that my response to life is often very reactive and not very God gratifying (I’m thinking driving here…)

I am reminded of how great and all powerful God is as he spends every minute of every day with me seeing how I respond to the tests that he gives me. (wish I had the tape so that I could go back and do things differently) I now realise that he will set the level of his tests according to his grace and not my ability (PRAISE THE LORD!!) Given how I struggle with these tests I am reassured that God will not let me flounder but he gives infinite grace. WOW, this is awesome! I know I should know this but I have allowed these tests to rob me of strength.

I am also thinking of how God can use me. Often because I don’t have a very obvious gift I am not sure how God uses me. I am excited that the way I respond to little issues is still useful to God even though it may not feel significant at the time. So, I am challenged now to please God in the small things in my life. Watch this space…




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home