Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Sunday, February 27, 2005

40 Days of Purpose - Day 15

Thinking about God’s family today I started to think about families generally. How the group dynamics work. There are often favourites, black sheep, differing agendas and sibling rivalry. Many a time you hear the phrase, “Choose your friends as you can’t choose your family”. Does our experience of our earthly family limit our understanding of the privilege of being part of God’s family? How wonderful that God created us to be in his family before we were even born. He chose us as individuals and whilst we may not relate to all our spiritual family God still calls us to be united.

One of the many blessings I receive from being a child of God is that many a time he has used his family to show me love (and Kevin and Daniel). He often uses his family to reach me when all else seems to pass me by and remind me of my spiritual pedigree. By reaching out to me practically many from Elim have shown God’s love and gives an indication of how vast it is. What I shall go away with tonight is what does God want my role to be within his family and am I aware of opportunities to help others.

Thank you to everyone who has so thoughtfully reached out to us being an excellent witness for Christ.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home