Braynews

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart" - Mort Walker

Sunday, February 27, 2005

40 Days of Purpose - Day 14

This seems such an intense learning experience and we’ve still got another 26 days to go!!

Thinking about the topic of when God seems distant I was reminded of a recent situation with Daniel. I took him to a hospice where he stayed when Kevin and I went away for a couple of days this week. He was perfectly happy for me to go but must have realised at some point that I was no longer there during his stay. When Kevin and I came to collect him he was overjoyed to see Kevin and sent me to Coventry. I thought about what he might have been saying:

Where have you been?
Why did you leave me?
I have been waiting ages.
Are you going to go away again?
I thought you weren’t going to come back.


It made me think about my response to God and how similar my reactions can be. The obvious difference is God is still there but I just cannot see him even though I know he is there and always will be for me.




1 Comments:

At 10:58 AM GMT, Blogger PatK said...

Thought-provoking again, Sarah.

I wonder what it might be like, though, if it were God asking those same questions of us, but without the pout?

I guess sometimes we keep Him waiting, and He might wonder if we might not come back. I know He is God and so knows all things, but sometimes it is salutory to realise that God misses us, too.

Take Care

Pat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home